Join a team that wants to make the world a better place
Membership Marketing Coordinator
The Membership Marketing Coordinator reports to the Director of Branding, Marketing & Member Experience to support the Marketing and Membership teams, executing marketing communications for membership campaigns to prospective, existing, and lapsed members of the seven professional associations managed by Scientific Societies. This position is a key component to the success of the marketing team to engage and retain new and existing members through a variety of digital and traditional channels, including social media, email, newsletters, direct mail, trade advertising, websites, and other online content. In addition, the coordinator may also undertake administrative tasks associated with the teams they support, including member outreach and response, invoicing, mailings, and other related activities.
Major Areas of Accountability
The primary areas of accountability for the Membership Marketing Coordinator are to:
- Write effective digital and traditional multi-channel communication pieces, including (but not limited to) emails, direct mail pieces, flyers, social media posts, collateral pieces, website content, trade advertisements, and banner ads.
- Enhance membership growth and retention by implementing targeted marketing strategies, working with team members to ensure consistent execution of efforts.
- Manage regularly scheduled member newsletters and website news announcements for several associations using strong project management skills to gather submissions across the organization and meet delivery timelines
- Develop member communications, including automated email campaigns for membership renewal and member retention campaigns.
- Maintain marketing and content calendars for member communications. Propose messaging that aligns to the brand and tone of each organization for all communication channels.
- Support annual meeting marketing and communications for each association by developing and executing communications for promotional campaigns, as well as on-site and virtual meeting resources and collateral.
- Help make the teams make data-based marketing decisions: monitor professional association and membership industry trends and best practices; track membership statistics; support the programming of membership surveys and online advertising efforts; analyze survey and online advertising statistics to make recommendations for future initiatives.
- Keep current on marketing communication trends (social media, email, web, etc.) and web analytic tools. Monitor impact of efforts and maintain understanding of current spam regulations/practices to ensure communications meet stated criteria.
- Provide prompt responses and efficient resolutions all inquiries from the membership of our client associations, supporting communication requests from Boards and Councils as required by the team.
- BA/BS in marketing, communications, or related field (professional or member association experience preferred, but not required).
- 1-3 years related experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication and copy writing/editing skills with a strong attention to detail and an eye toward effective marketing practices.
- Working knowledge of marketing automation, list segmentation, and email template creation.
- Advanced computer skills and technical expertise, including experience with social media platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube), CMS and web publishing software (Sharepoint, Wordpress or custom products), email marketing software and WYSIWYG editors (Real Magnet/Higher Logic, Constant Contact, Exact Target, Mail Chimp, or similar). Familiarity with HTML and Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Effective project management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate and execute on multi-faceted programs and projects, to multi-task, and work independently and efficiently under deadlines.
- Collaborative and inclusive approach to work with the ability to effectively gain input from various stakeholders.
- Ability to jump in and achieve goals under minimal or shifting direction.
- Pro-actively identifies areas lacking support and steps up to help drive projects forward.
If you feel passionate about the mission of Scientific Societies and would like to be considered for a role as opportunities arise, let us know.